Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Clinical Types of Hernia

Inguinal Hernia (Right sided)

Abdominal hernias are the most common hernias of the human body.
Reducible Hernia:
In this type of abdominal hernia, the contents contained in the hernial sac can be returned into the abdominal cavity, but the sac remains in its position. In other words, reducible hernia is an uncomplicated hernia.
Irreducible Hernia:
In this type of abdominal hernia, the contents of the hernial sac can not be returned to the abdomen assuring that there is no other complications. Irreducibility of hernia can be caused by adhesions of the hernia contents to each other or with the sac, adhesion of one part of sac to the other, sliding hernia and large scrotal hernia.
Irreducible hernia is often confused with strangulated hernia by the newcomer trainees. Clinically a strangulated hernia is also an irreducible hernia, but it is extremely tender and tense and moreover overlying skin may be seen red. These typical signs of strangulated hernia are absent in the patients with reducible hernia.
Obstructed or incarcerated hernia:
Irreducible hernia associated with intestinal obstruction provided that there is no interference with the blood supply is called obstructed hernia. Bear in mind, strangulated hernia also possess two features of obstructed hernia (irreducibility, intestinal obstruction), but it also interferes with blood supply of the intestine. Obstructed hernia does not possess the third feature of strangulated hernia (blood supply compromised or arrested).
Strangulated hernia:
Patient with Obstructed Umbilical Hernia and Meleney's Gangrene
An irreducible hernia that causes intestinal obstruction and arrest of blood supply to the contents is called strangulated hernia. Diagnosis of strangulated hernia is made when it is irreducible, without any impulse on coughing, extremely tender and tense. Strangulated hernia is an emergency and needs immediate surgery.
Inflamed hernia:
The hernia having inflamed viscera (appendicitis, salpingitis, Meckel’s diverticulitis) in its sac is called inflamed hernia. Inflamed hernia is seen with red edematous overlying skin, painful swelling that is tender. Inflamed hernia can be differentiated from the strangulated hernia as it is not tense and does not have the feature of intestinal obstruction.
Sliding hernia, Richter’s hernia, Litre’s hernia and Maydl’s hernia (hernia-en W) are other rare varieties of hernia.
Overview:
Reducible hernia: Simple and can be reduced + No other complication
Irreducible hernia: Simple but can not be reduced + No other complication
Obstructed hernia: Irreducible + Intestinal obstruction
Strangulated hernia: Irreducible + Intestinal obstruction + arrested blood supply + Tense and Tender
Inflamed hernia: Red, painful and tender swelling + Not tense

3 comments:

  1. some times i'm getting pain in my testicles and in my stomach and that time my left testicle looks bulged. and if do the masterbaust i'll get relief from the pain and also the bulge will gone. i dont know what the problem is. please some one tell me what i want to do now??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love  Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma.,psoriasis,Cirrhosis of Liver, Cataracts,Macular degeneration, Chrons disease,Infectious mononucleosis.,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,Bipolar Disorder,Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Stroke,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicitySyndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.  

    ReplyDelete